07 Jun RT HON ROBERT HALFON writes “I will fight for Harlow, I will champion Harlow!”
By Robert Halfon (Conservative PPC for Harlow)
First and foremost I want to reach out to any Harlow resident who is having doubts or second thoughts about voting, it is an immense privilege that we hold to be able to go out and cast a vote, I want to encourage everyone from Harlow to go out and vote this Thursday no matter which candidate you will vote for, go out and let your voice be heard!
I’ve been working hard for Harlow and the villages every day since I was first elected in 2010.
During this time, I’ve had six key priorities:
1) Building an Even Better Harlow: I have secured £millions of Government investment to bring more jobs, apprenticeships, housing & infrastructure back to our town and villages. £400m is relocating Public Health England to Harlow, bringing thousands of jobs. £19m is upgrading our roads to reduce congestion. £500K is supporting the delivery of 8,500 new affordable homes. I will continue to strive to bring investment into Harlow and the villages.
2) Championing Apprenticeships and Education: I’ve worked hard to bring many millions of pounds of Government funding to Harlow schools, including £6m of Pupil Premium, which has gone to our schools to support disadvantaged pupils. Spending on schools is at a record level and no school’s funding will be cut. Theresa May has pledged to increase school funding by £4 billion. I will continue to champion the apprenticeships and education our town and villages need.
3) Cherishing our Villages: Harlow Constituency includes the beautiful villages of Hastingwood, Matching, Nazeing, Roydon and Sheering. I work hard to protect the character and heritage of our villages on important issues like bus routes, unauthorised encampments and unwanted developments like waste incinerators. I will continue to protect our villages.
4) Cutting the Cost of Living: For many years, I’ve campaigned hard to keep fuel duty frozen. The Government will introduce a price cap to stop rip-off energy bills. I campaigned successfully for the National Living Wage and a significant tax cut for lower earners to help Harlow workers. Pensions will continue to rise in line with inflation or average earnings, whichever is higher. I will continue to work hard to cut the cost of living for Harlow families.
5) Ensuring Brexit Means Brexit: As I pledged the day after the EU referendum, I’ve consistently voted to give our Prime Minister the power to trigger Article 50 and leave the European Union. I will fully support Theresa May to get the best deal for an independent Britain.
6) Protecting our NHS: I was born with Spastic Diplegia and without the help of Great Ormond Street Hospital, I would never have been able to walk. I’ll always be passionate about our NHS. The NHS in West Essex received £371m in 2016/17, a 6.3% increase. By 2020, Essex will receive £49.9m of additional funding for social care. We now have 27 more doctors and 35 more nurses looking after residents.
I’m working hard to get a new hospital in Harlow and I’ll keep working hard to get the investment we need.
I love Harlow and our villages. I will fight for Harlow, I will champion Harlow, and I will always work hard for residents.