15 Nov #Colchester General Hospital kick starts Self Care Week
Monday 14th November marks the start of Self Care Week. The annual week encourages people to learn about self care methods in order to help them to make the right choices about their health.
Clinicians from North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) will be visiting public places across Colchester and Tendring, promoting self care information to help local people make the right health choices and get better quickly.
They will be out at the following locations providing the public with information about how to treat winter illnesses, what to keep in your medicine cabinet and answering questions about the flu vaccine:
- Tuesday 15th November, 1- 3pm – Sainsburys, High St, Clacton
- Wednesday 16th November, 11am – 2pm – Colchester General Hospital, outside restaurant
- Thursday 17th November, 10am – 12pm – East of England Co Op Supermarket, Sampsons Road, Brightlingsea
- Friday 18th November, 2 – 4pm – Colchester Library
- Tuesday 22nd November, 1 – 3pm – Morrisons, Iconfield Park, Harwich
- Thursday 24th November, 1 – 3pm – Iceland, Turner Rise Retail Park, Colchester
- Friday 25th November, 1 – 3pm, East of England Co Op Supermarket, Riverside Avenue East, Manningtree
Dr Hasan Chowhan, Clinical Director at the North East Essex CCG said, “Self care is the best choice to treat very minor illnesses and injuries because many can be treated at home simply by combining a well-stocked medicine cabinet with plenty of rest.”
You can find out more about self care from www.nhs.uk/selfcare